Saturday, December 14, 2013

Overview Weeks Seventeen, Eighteen, and Nineteen

WEEK 17: On Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 10:03 p.m. I felt my baby move for the first time!!! It felt like a bubble coming up for air and then popped. It was/is the most incredible feeling I have ever felt in my entire life. It is just a surreal wonderful feeling!

Thursday, November 28 2013 was our baby's "first" Thanksgiving. The perfect holiday to be pregnant. We went to my mom's house for Thanksgiving, as we do every year. Tommy, my mom, my sister, and I watched the parade while the turkey cooked. My mom made soooo much food. We ate and afterwards fell asleep while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (best Christmas movie ever). Then we ate desert and slept again. See, I told you... the perfect Holiday for pregnant women. The baby also enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner because he moved around during the whole movie.

 The baby: is the size of a potato! The baby has mastered some simple reflexes such as swallowing and blinking. He may even get the hiccups. Fat is also forming underneath his skin to help prepare him for the temperature change from inside of the womb to the outside world.



Mommy's Health: Happy and Healthy!
 

WEEK 18: The baby moves around after I eat...every time, I love it! I swear after I eat, he throws himself a little dance party. Tommy has felt him move before, but hardly. The baby isn't strong enough to let the outsiders feel him move. Which is fine with me! I love having these moments with my baby. I mean after all, I'm the one that has to give birth, I should be able to have more privileges!

The baby: is the size of a sweet potato! Many of the bones in his body are starting to harden. The first bones to develop are the inner ear, which means he is able to start hearing sounds such as my heartbeat or my tummy growling. My tummy doesn't growl often because I try to eat every two ours before I get that awful hunger headache. But he is able to hear my heartbeat and that's always thumping. 



Mommy's Health: Happy and Healthy!
 
WEEK 19: On Friday, December 6th 2013 Tommy and I went to our level 2 sonogram. During a level 2 sonogram, they look for all parts of the body. We saw his spine, four heart chambers, stomach, bladder, liver, legs and arms, feet and hands, his brain, nose, eyes, ears, chin, head and face. And of course we saw the part that makes him an official boy...! We saw him from all different angles and positions, it was really incredible. The funny part was: The lady who did the sonogram was trying to locate my baby's feet and couldn't find them. It took her twenty minutes to find one foot because he would not stop moving. The lady would push down on my belly and move the sonogram tool around and around. We would get a glimpse of his feet here and there but he wouldn't hold still long enough to get a clear picture. The whole sonogram took and hour and twenty minutes. My belly was so sore after the sonogram, but I can't complain... I got to see my baby move around for an hour and twenty minutes. After the sonogram we met with the doctor who looks at the results and explains them to us. He told us the baby should be around eight ounces. Our baby is already eleven ounces. The doctor said it's still within average and he's healthy. I know I'm going to be pushing out a twelve pounder. Keep a look out for me in the book of world records. The doctor also told us that they found and documented every body part except for one of the veins that is connected to the heart. He said it's there (otherwise the baby's heart wouldn't be beating correctly) but, they need to get a picture of it. So I have another sonogram next month when the baby is bigger. Other then that everything is great and healthy and wonderful! Oh yeah, we also picked out a name. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Gavin Thomas:




 



Gavin means "White Hawk" and Thomas is my husband's name and it means "Twin."
 
The baby: is the size of a mango! His senses are developing as specialized areas in the brain and are being designated for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
 

 
Mommy's Health: This week I have been a bit moody and emotional. Sometimes I feel like crying even though I am not upset, sad, angry, overjoyed, frustrated, overwhelmed, or anything in particular. I just wanted to cry... for fun? It's usually in the morning on the way to work when I can't cry because 1. I'm driving and 2. I don't want to ruin my make-up and look a mess for work. Also, I have been fighting a cold and the cold won. I was stuffed up, sore throat, tired and achy. I took more vitamin C and drank some tea. Didn't help much, but hey, what can ya do? What did help was extra sleep. Schools were closed on Tuesday because of snow and I was able to take a three hour nap in the middle of the day. After I woke up I felt better. The cold is just lingering now, I'll sneeze occasionally and have a stuffy nose at night, but I'll live. 
 
I AM OFFICIALLY 20 WEEKS WHICH MEANS I AM HALFWAY THROUGH MY PREGNANCY!!! Can't wait to see what week 20 and on will bring me!



No comments:

Post a Comment