Thursday, August 22, 2013


I haven't even started writing this post yet and I'm crying. I know I promised not to announce my pregnancy unless I reached three months. HOWEVER, there are doctors appointments, ultrasounds, blood work, and millions of other things to blog about. Well, if you haven't figured it out already...

I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And as you probably already know, my husband and I are...I can't even think of the word to describe how excited, ecstatic, beyond joyful, blessed, jumping up and down, crying every two seconds, screaming, crying, you get the idea.

Let me just remind you... didn't I tell you I wanted to be pregnant in August so I could have the baby in May? We arrived, we fought, we conquered. Who gets pregnant the first official month they try?? My husband is the best.

OK, so, let's get down to how I found out. Monday (August 19, 2013) was four days before my missed period. I had breast tenderness and sensitivity, no appetite, and hot flashes. I had one test left and knew the odds were against me, but decided to take the test anyway. I peed on the stick and waited my three minutes. I looked at the test and it was blank. No lines. I looked at the instructions and reviewed the results: one line= not pregnant, two lines= pregnant, no lines= invalid. The instructions said to wait an extra ten minutes. I had to be at work by two in the afternoon and it was eight in the morning. So five hours later, before I left for work, I checked the test one more time. It was blank so I threw the test out. My husband got home from work an hour before me. I walked in the door and he said "Did you see the test you threw out??" And I answered "Yeah, I waited five hours and no lines showed up." He gave me a weird look and said he saw two lines. He showed me the stick and there were two lines. Very very very very light light light tiny tiny lines. I looked at him and told him that must have appeared ten hours after I took the test..It was more than invalid, this test was crazy. You seriously had to shine a light and hold the stick two inches from your face to see these lines. Something inside made me question the test. Why would the test detect the pregnancy hormone causing the second line to show up? Even if it was ten hours later.

That night Tommy went to the store to pick up more tests. I told Tommy that I would take another test in the morning after he left for work. I told him to not call me throughout the whole day because If I was pregnant I wanted to tell him in a special way. We went to sleep early Monday night because I wasn't feeling good. I had/have a bad cold. So around two in the morning on Tuesday (August 20, 2013) I had to pee so bad. I was debating whether or not to take the test. Tommy was still home and didn't have to go to work for another three hours. I had to take the test during the first pee of the morning because that's when the hormones are most detectable. There was no way I would have been able to wait three more hours. If the test showed two lines, how could I keep my mouth shut and go back to sleep?! 

So I go pee in a cup and stick the new test in for five seconds, of course waking Tommy up in the process. Almost immediately I saw the second line and began freaking out. Tommy asked if everything was alright. It took EVERYTHING in me to not blabber about what I just saw. I ran out the bedroom door and into the hallway for a few seconds to pull myself together. When I entered our room I told him it was negative, that I was upset, and to not ask any questions and go back to bed. He asked if I was okay and I told him yes that my nose is stuffed and it was hard to breathe.  Looking back now It worked out that I was sick because, really, I was crying. Thank God he isn't a morning person, he fell right back to sleep.

I, of course, did not go back to sleep and stayed up on Pinterest for three hours, looking for ways to tell Tommy I was pregnant. 5 a.m. rolled around and Tommy got up to get ready for work while I pretended to sleep. He finally left and I had to pee again. I took another test to make sure. It came out positive again and on my SECOND pee of the morning!

I was set on telling Tommy the way I planned on initially. So I went to the craft store and bought decorated blank baby shower invitations, stickers, and a silver pen. I wrote a beautiful letter from the "baby," put the letter in the envelope, and put stickers all over the envelope. Knowing Tommy would want to travel  the world to everyone's house to share the best news of our lives, I called Tommy's boss and we worked out a way to have him home by noon.

Tommy was home by noon and because he works with sewers and drains he routinely comes home, puts his clothes in the laundry room, and takes a shower. This gave me time to put the letter on the kitchen table and get my video camera ready! I wish I could upload the video, but there is an "error" every time I try! Probably because it's too long. I will TRY putting the video on my Facebook. Bad news is unless you're friends with me on Facebook, you won't be able to see it.

But, I do have footage of Chloe, our chihuahua finding out she is going to be a big sister. THIS IS TOO CUTE!

We told all of our family and friends we are expecting and I even posted it on my Facebook and Twitter.

These were all taken at different times between Tuesday and Wednesday. The test on top has the darkest double's my most recent test.

I called my doctor Wednesday (yesterday) and told the receptionist I was pregnant. She asked when the first day of my last menstrual cycle started. After I told her she figured out I was three weeks pregnant and would not need my first appointment until I was six weeks pregnant. My first appointment is 9/9/13. My doctor will discuss what to expect and send me to a lab to get blood work and an ultrasound done. Then my next appointment is 9/25/13 to discuss the blood work and ultrasound.

I've been sleeping a lot and drinking tons of water to fight off this cold. I have little appetite, but trying to eat every couple of hours. I also have cramps because the blastocyst (it's not even an embryo yet) is still traveling through my fallopian tube (that's right it's not even in my uterus yet)

I'm so excited to blog about my pregnancy so early so I can share everything. We are so blessed from all the love and support. I know it's early, but I'm extremely healthy and ready to grow a baby in my belly!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!