Sunday, January 24, 2016

Baby #2 Overview Weeks Four, Five, and Six

THIS IS SO EXCITING. I missed blogging my pregnancy every few weeks, and now I get to do it again! So, when I posted during my first pregnancy, I had three categories: What Tommy and I were doing to prepare for the baby (and other updates), how I was feeling, and the size and development of the baby. I also posted a picture of my growing belly. I plan on doing the same thing except this time I want to compare my current pregnancy to my first pregnancy. You can always go back into my blog to read previous posts, if desired... This post is for weeks 4, 5, and 6 and I can not wait another second to get started!

Week 4:


We must start off with how I told Tommy about the next addition to our family. For the first pregnancy I wrote a letter to Tommy pretending to be the baby and then took a video of him reading it. I wrote things like, "I can't wait to meet you, I love you already, you're going to be the best dad in the world." Then I watched him tear up with joy as he read the letter. This time I found out right before Christmas, so where else would I tell him other than right in front of the Rockefeller Tree in New York City?! Here are some pictures:








I knew I was pregnant before I even took the test, but I didn't want to get my hopes up since I miscarried just two weeks before. I was nauseous, tired, bloated, cramps, and just had that pregnant feeling. I took the test the day I was supposed to get my period with a digital pregnancy test. The digital test took FOREVER, but when it finally stopped blinking, it was positive!!

Last pregnancy Tommy and I took pictures with the fruit/vegetable that represented the size of the embryo or fetus. This time, I am taking a silhouette picture in front of my bedroom window. They are beautiful and more of an intimate feel.  

The baby: The embryo is now the size of a poppy seed and busy implanting into the lining of the uterus where the placenta has already started and will continue to develop. 

Mommy's Health: Last pregnancy I didn't have much of an appetite, but I still ate very healthy and had 10-12 glasses of water every day. I had cramps and I exercised almost every day.

This pregnancy, at four weeks, I feel amazing (so far). I'm hungry all the time and I try to eat as often as I can. When I do eat large meals I feel full for 4-6 hours at a time. That's because my digestive system has slowed way down to accommodate my growing baby and placenta. I don't have the time or the energy to exercise. Gavin takes all of my time and energy. This pregnancy is going to be way different.



Week 5: 
Tommy and I were nervous this time around. I didn't lift anything and I rested more. It's hard to take care of an 18 month old while trying not to strain yourself. Thankfully, Gavin is an excellent boy. He's going to make an awesome big brother. We talk about his new baby brother/sister a lot. Gavin loves to give kisses to the baby (he kisses my belly). We want him to be prepared for what's to come. We are even practicing to share with his friends, which seems to be going well, and to share his mommy, which isn't going as well. He doesn't like when I hold other children, but we have 8 more months of growing up we'll keep trying.

The Baby:The embryo is now dividing into three layers of cells. The top layer will become the central nervous system (the brain, spinal cord, spinal nerves, and backbone). The middle layer will develop into the circulatory system. The bottom layer will develop the lungs, intestines, thyroid, and other major organs. 


Mommy's Health: Last pregnancy I was still rarely hungry, which caused me to get minor headaches. But once I ate I was fine. I still drank a lot of water, ate healthy, and exercised. 


This pregnancy: I started to feel very tired. Working as a full time teacher, raising an 18 month old, and growing a baby takes everything I have, and it's only 5 weeks in! I started feeling nauseous and my boobs are already leaking. Jeez, the body doesn't even give women a chance the second time around does it?? What the weird part is I already felt little flutters and bubbles. I know it wasn't gas because well, I didn't, you know... Plus it felt different than gas, it felt like my embryo was moving already, so cool, weird, and magical at the same time. 


Week 6: I love what I wrote when I was six weeks pregnant with Gavin, and I feel the exact same this time around:


"Before I get started on the update of my last two weeks being pregnant, let me just say that I LOVE being pregnant. If I sound like I'm whining or complaining in this post, it's because I am. BUT that does not change the incredible feeling I have everywhere I go. Just knowing I have my miracle growing inside of me everyday gives me huge fluttering butterflies flying around in my stomach. And because I am solely responsible for the growth of this baby for all nine months...I have the right to complain."

NOW ON TO THE COMPLAINING... (soon) 

At six weeks I had already gone to the doctor to confirm the pregnancy, get a pap smear, and check-up. Not this time, I'm in no rush. 




The baby: Is the size of a green pea! Every week the baby triples in size. This week the baby is developing eyes, ears, and the heart starts to pump!!! The tissue for the backbone, ribs, and some muscles are also developing. 








 Mommy's Health: First pregnancy: I still had no appetite except for pasta and cheese, but I still ate healthy. I was still cramping and didn't exercise everyday due to fatigue. 

This pregnancy: I am already starting to be annoyed at the first pregnancy me. Exercising and eating super healthy? Only small headaches and no nausea? I already know this time around is much worse, but to read about how great I felt the first time...Get ready for some complaining!! Week 6 is the worst week so far. I think I feel worse than I did in my whole first pregnancy put together. I feel like I have the flu. I'm achy, so so soooo tired. I was able to nap when I came home from work with the first pregnancy, but now with Gavin, he is usually just waking up when I get home. No naps for me! My headaches start at work around 1 in the afternoon until about 5 in the evening. I start to feel better around 7. This stinks because the baby goes to bed at 8. I feel guilty not being able to give Gavin all my attention, but it's something we both have to get used to. Hopefully this will pass and I'll start feeling better soon. 
<3 




No comments:

Post a Comment