Saturday, September 21, 2013

Overview Weeks Six & Seven

Before I get started on the update of my last two weeks being pregnant, let me just say that I LOVE being pregnant. If I sound like I'm whining or complaining in this post, it's because I am. BUT that does not change the incredible feeling I have everywhere I go. Just knowing I have my miracle growing inside of me everyday gives me huge fluttering butterflies flying around in my stomach. And because I am solely responsible for the growth of this baby for all nine months...I have the right to complain.

 

WEEK 6: Tommy and I went to the doctor for the first time since I got pregnant on Monday, September 9, 2013. I peed in a cup to confirm what I already knew and then was surprised to see steel tongs and a long q-tip on the counter. I had to get my annual check-up? Even though I didn't need one until March? When I questioned my doctor she said "believe me, an annual check up is the last thing you want to do in March when you are eight months pregnant. Plus you need to get checked for gonorrhea and Chlamydia, so we might as well get all the swabs done together." That shut me up; even though I was sure I didn't have any STDs I wasn't going to argue with the woman who had the steel tongs in her hand.

The baby: Is the size of a green pea! AWW HOW CUTE THE LITTLE PEA!!! Every week the baby triples in size. This week the baby is developing eyes, ears and the heart starts to pump!!! The tissue for the backbone, ribs, and some muscles are also developing.






 

 Mommy's Health: My no appetite phase is slowly decreasing and is replaced with PASTA AND CHEESE! I have bagels with cream cheese or scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese in the morning, pretzels with hummus for lunch, fruit and almonds for snacks, and for dinner... spaghetti with sauce and a ton of mozzarella cheese. Sometimes I throw in some turkey meatballs for protein.

I still have cramps, but they have decreased in the amount of times per day and increased intensity. Blah.

I have stopped exercising for now because when I am not teaching, I am sleeping. I usually have a massive headache from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. After my nap I just feel even more tired and nauseous (still haven't thrown up yet!) I will start exercising again once I’m in my second trimester comes and these symptoms calm down.

WEEK 7: Tommy and I went to the sonogram doctor to see our baby for the first time!! We went on Friday, September 13, 2013. I had to drink thirty-two ounces of water before the appointment so my bladder could push the uterus closer to the top of my belly. If the doctor could not find the baby during a normal sonogram then she would have had to do an internal one. Luckily, she found the baby! Meet our baby!


 
 
The baby: Is the size of a BLUEBERRY! The cutest blueberry you have ever seen! This week our baby's brain is developing. The face is also becoming more defined. Tiny arms, legs, hands, and feet are beginning to bud. I really can't wait to hold my baby's hands and kiss his or her feet!





Mommy's Health: My menu has remained the same: Bagels, eggs, hummus, fruit, almonds, and of course my pasta and cheese. I did have a craving for chicken tender, fries, and onion rings from Friendly's. I never EVER eat gross fried food like that, but I did. I felt so much better and I haven't craved it since.

Cramps and everything else are the same (headache, nauseous, and exhausted)

I went to get blood work the next day after our ultrasound. I HATE getting blood taken. The lady took three huge tubes and five regular sized ones. I didn't watch and Tommy was by my side the whole time letting me squeeze his hand (how the hell am I supposed to push a watermelon out of my vagina when I can't even get blood work done???)

Tommy has honestly been the best. He rubs my lower back every night so I can go to the bathroom in the morning (it really does help). He calls and checks up on me. Constantly asks me if I need anything. I wonder how long this is going to last.




Tommy and I are currently looking for a midwife in our area. I absolutely positively HATE hospitals. I can't even visit people who are sick if they are in a hospital. Hospitals just freak me out. I KNOW... THE MATERNITY AREA IS DIFFERENT GHDGIHSRIGHSDHG. But honestly...the whole place smells the same. Old people dying and other women in labor screaming are not things I want to be associated with. Thanks anyway. I would much rather deliver in a calm birthing room, or maybe even in the comfort of my own home.

But really...Why a midwife? It's not just to get out of going to the hospital. It's a much nicer, calmer, natural experience. They have the necessary tools to monitor if something was to go wrong. In that case I would have to go to the hospital. But I feel hospitals and doctors are always trying to push some sort of medication or even a c-section. If a woman is healthy and a non high risk patient, there is no reason why a she can't deliver naturally. Midwives have different techniques to help smooth along the labor. There are many different positions to relax in and different ways to breathe. Having a midwife would just make me feel better. We haven't found one yet because they all seem to be north from me. I am asking around and will have more to come on this topic. Scroll up to see the sonogram picture of my beautiful baby one more time before you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment