Saturday, May 21, 2016

Baby #2 Overview: Weeks Nineteen, Twenty, Twenty-One

Week 19: This week was my spring break! Ten glorious days off from school, which meant time to get a lot done. I was able to get blood work done (everything came back great!) and I, along with Tommy and Gavin, had to get the level 2 sonogram. This is the sonogram where the tech checks for all parts of the baby's body. The baby was lying on his belly, so we had a clear shot of his spine, but he wouldn't roll onto his back right away. He was moving and kicking the whole time. Every time the tech tried to roll him over, he would poke/kick her back. It was hysterical! Then I moved onto my side for a few minutes to try and get him to turn around. He eventually turned around and we saw the baby's spine, four heart chambers, stomach, bladder, liver, legs, arms, feet, hands, fingers, toes, brain, nose, eyes, ears, chin, head,  face... basically everything, even the part that makes him a boy! I remember the same thing happening with Gavin's level 2 sonogram. Only it was Gavin's foot the tech couldn't find because he also wouldn't stop kicking. Two very active boys! My belly was sore afterwards because of all the pushing and moving, but everything is documented and the baby couldn't be healthier! Two very healthy boys! 

So without further ado, meet Levi Jonathan:






 




Levi means "joined together in harmony" and Jonathan is the name my mom picked out for her son that ended up being a miscarriage.  I love the name Levi and how well the name goes with Gavin. I can't wait to meet my baby and for Gavin to meet him too!

The Baby: is the size of a mango! His senses are developing as specialized areas in the brain and are being designated for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. 

Mommy's Health: It's spring break so I feel rested and happy to have some extra time with my Gavin. Soon I will have to share myself with another baby. I can't picture not spending every moment with just Gavin, but ready or not it's going to happen!

                                          


Week 20: This week I had a doctor's appointment. I love hearing Levi's strong heartbeat. My weight and blood pressure are great. I now weigh as much as I did before getting pregnant with Gavin. I lost all of my baby weight and more because of breastfeeding and now (halfway through my pregnancy) I am back to my pre-Gavin-pregnancy weight of 125lbs. Yay! 

Around this time last pregnancy, Tommy and I already started the nursery. Currently, we haven't even started Levi's nursery yet. We are looking to move during the summer, once I am out of school. We will get the nursery ready before Levi's arrival in August! 

This week my student's found out I was pregnant. While bringing my class out to the bus at the end of the day, one of the teacher's asked how I was feeling and we were talking about my pregnancy. One of my student's overheard, and came up to me. She rubbed my belly and asked, "Are you pregnant?" I told her yes and she quickly ran over to her friends to spill the beans. Luckily, it was at the end of a Friday, so they didn't have time to ask questions. That following Monday, my student's asked me if what they heard was true. After I confirmed I was pregnant, they asked simple questions: Is it a boy or girl? Boy. When are you having the baby? August. Are you going to be here the rest of the year? Yes. What is his name going to be? Levi. They were all very excited. My desk is already filled with pictures for Levi =)

 The Baby: is the size of a small cantaloupe! Levi's skin is now covered with a waxy-like substance called vernix. This protects his skin from becoming chapped or scratched. He is also starting to produce meconium. This has to do with digestion and will accumulate in his bowels and will eventually pass during delivery or in his first diaper. Amazing! The uterus is now level with my bellybutton.

Mommy's Health: I feel wonderful! My uterus is sore here and there because Levi is so active. He seriously doesn't rest. He moves all day long! I hope he sleeps after he is born, haha. 



                                        

Week 21: This was an uneventful week. I work, take care of the baby, and rest as much as I can.


The Baby: is the size of a banana! His digestive system is developing and he can begin to swallow amniotic fluid and absorb small amounts of sugar. Levi still moves around constantly, I'm beginning to worry about his sleeping patterns one he is born! 

Mommy's Health:  I am still feeling great and hoping it lasts!


                                   







No comments:

Post a Comment