Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I DON'T CARE! I LOVE IT!

OK look, I know I'm not pregnant nor do I have a child. So why take advice from me? I get it. But in all honesty (if you haven't already noticed) I'm obsessed with everything to do with babies, toddlers, and children. I've had an attachment to all children since I was a child myself. They are drawn to me. I worked (still work there occasionally and summers) at a childcare center where I care(d) for ALL ages in my eight years of experience. The ages range from SIX WEEKS TO SIX YEARS OLD. I worked in the infant room, toddler room, I taught pre-school for many years and even taught kindergarten for two years. Currently, I help out Alison and I take over the place when she leaves. So I'm talking with parents and even involved in some of their lives. I learn from them as well.

My career is teaching. I am a 4th/5th grade LLD teacher. I help students who are 9-12 years old get ahead because they are extremely behind in grade-level work. I have to teach through group work, one-on-one, and I use tons of visuals. 

Between both my career and the childcare center I cared (and continue to do so) for all types of children, from needy children who just need attention all the way to autism, hearing impaired, ADHD, English as a second language, language learning disabilily, and the list goes on and on. 

Yeah, I can guess what some of you are thinking "it's not the same as having your own child" I've heard it all before, believe me and guess what?! I don't really care. I am confident and BEYOND ready to take care of my own children. I probably have more experience then most mothers because I truly believe I have the best role model for a mother, my mom. We've been through it ALL and she continues to put my sister and I FIRST.  

I don't know why I feel the need to justify my blog, but I feel some people do not know my background and personality well enough to judge me. If you don't like it, don't read it. THANK YOU

To my family, friends, and "fans" =P
I currently have 623 views on only 12 posts Here are the STATS straight from my blog:

EntryPageviews
United States

565
Russia

28
Japan

13
United Kingdom

7
Germany

5
Netherlands

2
Mexico

1
New Zealand

1
 yeah, I'm national...

Thanks for reading and continue to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment